4 + 1 Option
In January 2015, the Board of Regents approved regulations establishing multiple, comparably rigorous assessment pathways to graduation for all students. Effective in June 2015, the 4+1 Option will be available to all students eligible to receive a high school diploma in June 2015 and thereafter. These students must still pass these four Regents exams: English language arts (ELA), any mathematics, any science, and any social studies Regents exam.1 For their fifth required assessment, or +1 option, students may now pass any of the following exams:
1. One additional approved examination in a different course in English language arts (ELA); OR
2. One additional Regents examination in a different course in social studies; OR
3. One additional Regents examination in a different course in mathematics; OR
4. One additional Regents examination in a different course in science; OR
5. One approved examination in Career and Technical Education (CTE), following successful completion of an approved CTE program.
Mott Haven offers two Career & Technical Education Paths.
Program Description: This New York State approved CTE Program leads to national certification aligned with industry standards and a CTE endorsed regents diploma. This program focuses on basic theories and concepts through hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator). Students sit for the ACA certification exam and the Skills USA Exam in Digital Print. Read more about this program in our brochure.